WHAT IS THE SEAMLESS DAY KINDERGARTEN AND CHILD CARE PROGRAM?
We are grateful to have been selected as one of two independent schools in the Province of British Columbia to pilot “The Seamless Day” program. With the generous financial support of a government grant, we have the opportunity to pilot a program where we can begin to provide before- and-after school child care for current ACS families.
Providing a program where school-aged children have access to a quality before- and-after school child care with shared beliefs and a shared mission, vision, and identity as Abbotsford Christian School, is yet another way we are able to partner with families.
The Seamless Day program provides continuous care and support for children from the early morning, throughout the school day, and into the afternoon. Under the direction and supervision of the principal and program director, early childhood educators (ECE) plan, manage, and implement before- and-after school care and work in partnership with the kindergarten teacher in the classroom.
The morning ECE greets the children and implements the before-school care and learning program and remains with the children in the kindergarten classroom while collaborating with the classroom teacher in the design of programs and environments, engaging with the Early Learning Framework.
The afternoon ECE begin their shift midday, allowing for staff overlap, collaborates with the classroom teacher in the design of programs and environments, and leads the after-school care program.
- Hours are 7:15 – 8:30 am and 2:50 – 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Child care will be available only on ACS instructional days. It will be closed during spring break, inclement weather days, functional school closures, non-instructional days, holidays and Pro-D days. We will continue to explore the possibility of attendance on Pro-D days, for an additional, add-on fee.
- Before- and-after school care is available for students from kindergarten to grade 3. However, the Seamless Day program is primarily intended for kindergarten students and therefore, priority placement is given to students in our current kindergarten classes.
- At this time the pilot program is unable to make accommodations for children requiring 1:1 support in group settings.
- The Seamless Day Kindergarten and Child Care Program is a pilot program. As such, program options may change as we explore how to best develop this program in ways to best serve the unique needs of our community.
- For the 2022-2023 school year, the Seamless Day program commences on September 12, 2022.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are only accepted for CURRENT ACS students and children who are REGISTERED to start September 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
To begin the application process, please download the application form.