INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Being an international student is serious work! You may be learning in a different language, but you will also be learning in a different culture that has different ways of thinking and acting. At ACS, we have high academic and behavioural expectations of our students.
We encourage you to apply if you are a student who:
- Can demonstrate basic English fluency
- Is successful in your home country
- Is excited about learning and committed to working hard
- Is interested in learning English and sharing your culture with the ACS community
- Is open to learning about another culture
- Is excited about forming friendships with Canadian students and willing to integrate with the school community
- Understands that you are called to live a faithful life for God
Students who attend ACS must demonstrate:
- Commitment to their studies
- Willingness to speak English while at school
- Willingness to follow all school rules
STEPS FOR ADMISSION:
Note: Students are accepted as applications come in. To ensure acceptance, please apply early. Applications for fall enrolment are accepted between January and April.
- Be aware of Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s procedures for studying and/or visiting in Canada.
- Request an application form from our International Student Coordinator.
- Complete the Abbotsford Christian School application form and submit it by email or fax to: Vivi Shen, International Program Coordinator
- fax : 604.859.2240
- phone : 604.755.8111
- Submit a translated report card of the student’s last two years of study.
- Pay the application fee of $400.
- Students applying for grades 9-12 will be asked for a sample of writing and will have a brief interview over Skype or the phone.
Once these steps are complete, you should receive notification of your status within a week.
- You will receive an invoice for payment of tuition. Tuition can be made by bank transfer, cheque, or cash.
- Once payment has been received, a formal letter will be sent to you for Citizenship Immigration Canada to issue you a study permit.
- You will be notified about an orientation session.
- If you will be part of our homestay program, read through our Homestay Program Guide to prepare you for the homestay experience.
YOUR ARRIVAL IN CANADA:
- Please notify the school about your arrival date.
- Bring your passports, study permit, and contact information to the orientation meeting.
- Medical coverage: for the first three months of living in Canada, Guard.Me. After three months, students will receive Medical Services Plan of BC and Guard Me Plus Plan.