Being a part of a Canadian homestay family is an enriching experience for an International student. Overall, a student’s whole educational experience is enhanced. Students quickly grow in their English communication skills and learn about Canadian culture. Supportive families are there to help students navigate the cultural differences they see in everyday life and in the Canadian education system. Students also make special friendships that are long-lasting.
At ACS, students may be a part of the homestay program if they are 13 and older.
The goal of our homestay program is to place students with a caring, Christian family where they will be nurtured physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. Our homestay families are excited to welcome students into their home and learn about God’s global community.
All of our host families fill out an application form and are interviewed in their home by the homestay coordinator to ensure the home is a safe and caring environment. All placements are made by the International Student Coordinator who matches students with families based on interests and compatibility.
Students who are interested in being a part of our homestay program must fill out an application form and be committed to following the expectations listed in the application. They must be eager to be a part of a Canadian family and willing to follow the host family’s rules.
Placement & Admin Fee: $450
Homestay Fee: $1000/month paid directly to the family (as of September 2022)
A host family’s responsibility is to provide an international student with a “home away from home,” allowing the student to be part of caring, Christian family and to experience Canadian culture. Hosting a student will give you and your family the opportunity to share Christ’s love with someone from a very different background and to learn about their ways of thinking and customs.
STEPS TO APPLY:
- Fill out the application form. Be sure that you can commit to expectations listed in the application.
- Send the form by email to email@example.com or mail to:
- Abbotsford Christian School
Attn. Michelle Forbes
35011 Old Clayburn Rd. Abbotsford, BC
- Once we have received the application, we will contact you and possibly set up an interview in your home. This allows the coordinator to meet your family, discuss expectations, and answer any questions you may have.
- Once approved, please complete the Family Profile (including a photo of your family and one of the exterior of your home) and send it to Michelle Forbes as a Word document. We will send this profile to potential homestay students.
Please note that homestay placements can take some time as we work hard to find the best “fit” for students and families.