Abbotsford Christian School is accepting applications for part and full-time EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANTS at our middle and secondary campus for the 2022-2023 school year. Applicants should enjoy working in a team environment and understand inclusive educational practices. Areas of responsibility will include working in a classroom while supporting multiple students or working with students who need 1-1 support.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team
- Provide classroom support, working with small groups or with individual students
- Understand grade level curriculum and be able to modify and adapt work
- Build positive relationships with a variety of students
- Keep records of IEP goals, documenting student progress
- Maintain confidentiality
- Assist in implementing behaviour support or personal care plans when necessary
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications
- Education Assistant Certificate (or equivalent)
- Training and/or experience in supporting students with autism, developmental delay, personal care needs, and learning disabilities
- Strong professional references
- Have a clear understanding of Christian education
- Practice and demonstrate evidence of a strong commitment to the Christian faith
All employees must meet the requirements of the ACS Employment Contract and are asked to sign a community standards document which is available upon request.
Please send a cover letter, resume, your philosophy of work as an Education Assistant in a Christian School, and any supporting documents to:
GAYLENE LARSEN, DIRECTOR OF LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES
Abbotsford Christian School
30511 Old Clayburn Road
Abbotsford, BC V2S 7L7
Phone: 604.755.1891 Fax: 604.850.7075
CLOSING DATE: until positions are filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, ACS reserves the right to make an appointment before or soon after the deadline. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.