Each month we’ll share news from the job site including what’s happened in the previous month, what’s coming up next, things you need to know, and specific prayer requests. Thanks for being a part of This Square Inch!
- The Building Team is staying in close contact with the Project Manager Fricia Construction, the Architect, Craven Huston Powers Architects, as well as the City of Abbotsford.
- Our building permit application is still moving through the approval processes in the City’s Planning Department.
- On February 8, Julius Siebenga walked through the construction timeline for all students in grades 6-12 during their chapels and their excitement was palpable…they could sense the reality of the project—and that it was finally upon us.
What’s Up Next?
- The process for accepting pre-qualification for interest in tendering trade work is currently open and will be closing shortly. If you would like to be considered or are considering expressing your interest, you can find out more on the TSI section of our website.
- In the next two weeks, our Project Manager/General Contractor, Fricia Construction, expects to begin the tendering process with those who have shown an interest in pre-qualifying and have requested a tender package.
- We have also received the construction timeline plans from Fricia and are busy putting plans together to accommodate this.
- Two new portables will be arriving in mid-March. The flexibility of both our students and our staff has been remarkable thus far, as we come up with new solutions to accommodate the construction that will go on all around them.
- Your prayers for a smooth permit approval process are appreciated.
In prayerful anticipation of receiving our building permit during Spring Break, we have reserved Wednesday, April 3 at 2 pm for our official Groundbreaking Celebration! More information and official date confirmation will be announced once our permit is received.
Plan to join us in the front field for a celebration of God’s faithfulness and the launch of the building phase of this project!