THIS SQUARE INCH BUILDING PROJECT
THE VISION FOR THIS SQUARE INCH
Our world belongs to God. Every square inch of it!
In the grand scheme of things, Abbotsford Christian School is but one square inch of this world, however it is a place that is near and dear to our hearts. After all, we entrust ACS with the education and formation of our children.
From the beginning, Abbotsford Christian has been committed to Christ-centered, innovative education—many call us Innovative Thought Leaders. We continue to aspire to deliver education that prepares students to shape God’s world in a rapidly changing global community.
God is doing great things at and through ACS. In the spirit of our forward-looking, entrepreneurial forefathers, we continue to think of and plan for the future.
OUR BUILDING NEEDS TO CHANGE AS WELL
In keeping with our mission and vision, and in the spirit of TSI’s vision above, ACS seeks to provide 21st Century facilities for today’s learning.
We have designed a new facility to accomodate this vision so that our students can graduate as critical thinkers, problem solvers, collaborators, effective communicators, global citizens, and creative thinkers. In creating our vision for the new building, some of the critical design elements in our new building will include:
- “NEIGHBOURHOOD” CLASSROOMS that have garage door openings to allow for learning to spill into hallways and collaborative spaces.
- PRESENTATION SPACES where students can present what they have learned.
- Openness and TRANSPARENCY throughout, so that our building reflects our brand.
- SPACES TO GATHER and build community, both for ourselves and the outside community.
- Every space is MULTI-FUNCTIONAL, reflecting a nimble, ever-changing world that we can accommodate, but also to allow for enrollment growth.
- Integration of TECHNOLOGY everywhere.
- A world-class LEARNING COMMONS that will be the hub of our school and our community.