We’re excited to see you on Tuesday, September 7, and are busy getting ready to welcome students on campus and into our classrooms! As you can imagine, there will be a lot of changes to the procedures and routines of school this year. We ask for your grace and patience as we sort through the “new” and find a rhythm for our school community that is safe and that supports our students in their learning.
The first draft of class lists was emailed home in July, and the finalized lists will be emailed out again before the first day of school. Class lists will be posted outside classroom doors.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST DAY:
- Beginning at 8:00 am, teachers, the principal, vice principals, and educational assistants will be walking around outside greeting students and directing them into the building and to their classrooms.
- We encourage parents to say their farewells outside or in the parking lot in order to reduce the number of people entering the school. However, parents are permitted to enter the school building to see their son or daughter to their classroom if they really feel it is necessary. We ask that any parents entering the building complete a health check before they enter, and that they wear a mask while on campus.
- School buses unloading in the bus lane.
- Teachers welcoming students at their classroom doors.
- A day full of students and teachers creating classroom community, seeing old friends, making new friends, learning and practicing new routines
- A chapel for students at 10:00 am.
- An outdoor break and lunch break.
- An organized chaos at dismissal time as we learn pick-up procedures and practice minimal physical contact between students and a 2-meter physical distance between adults.
CLASS LISTS/WHICH CLASS WILL BE MINE?
At the end of the school year, teachers of each grade level meet to make a careful, initial division of classes. The teachers look for combinations of students who work well together, considering the best academic, social, and emotional needs of each child. The first drafts of the class lists are then shared with teachers who have taught the students over the last number of years and the principal. This second level of discussion often produces some changes. The lists were then emailed home in early July. When the teachers return in late August, the lists are carefully reviewed once again. When everyone is satisfied that the wisest possible decisions have been made, the lists are finalized, and will be emailed out again. In cases when parents or students are disappointed, it will help to know how carefully these decisions have been made. The teachers and principals appreciate the support that parents show us in this area.
REMINDER: Several of our community members in the preschool, elementary, and middle school programs have a serious nut allergy so for everyone’s safety, ALL nut products must be kept at home. Please remember this as you plan your lunches and school snacks and thank you for being so diligent with this!
STAFFING UPDATES AT THE MIDDLE
Welcome New Staff: Jenine Baart, Rachel Holland, Kirsten Klompmaker, Ben McLeod, Melissa Miller, Julie Russell, John van der Leek, and Zoe Webster.
MIDDLE SCHOOL DAILY SCHEDULE
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
Download the middle school supplies list.
MIDDLE SCHOOL GYM STRIP
Please note the following:
- For the 2021-22 year, the blue shirt will be our only PE shirt.
- Knights PE shorts are recommended, but not required.
Meet the Teacher Evening: Look for more information sent out by email soon.
School photo day: Thursday, September 23
Middle School Principal