PICK-UP & DROP-OFF
A yellow NO STOPPING area is at the entrance to the elementary campus. This allows the buses to make the turn without having to wait on Old Clayburn Road, which will make traffic flow more smoothly. Please respect this zone, whether you approach the school from the north or the south.
Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the pick-up and drop-off lane; this lane is intended as a drive through lane between 8:00-8:35 am and 2:45-3:10 pm.
We simply expect courteous and law-abiding behaviour from all drivers. Remember when you park off campus, you still represent our school with your driving/parking decisions. Thank you!
REMINDER: Several of our community members in the preschool, elementary, and middle school programs have a serious nut allergy so for everyone’s safety, ALL nut products must be kept at home. Please remember this as you plan your lunches and school snacks.
SHUTTLE BUS SIGN UP
As you may or may not be aware, as a school we offer our regular school busses to be used as a “shuttle bus” between our campuses. This service is free, however your child MUST be signed up to use this service. Each family will need to sign up each child, as your child will be assigned a seat on a specific bus to use throughout the year.
Our before-and after-school care pilot program, Seamless Day Kindergarten, still has a few spots still available and is excited to welcome kindergarten to grade 4 students to the program this fall. If you are interested in what the program has to offer or have questions, please contact Madison Apperloo or Jessica Schuurman.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
Download a copy of the elementary school supply list.
Parents are welcome to join us for chapel this year. Our first day chapel is on Tuesday, September 6 at 9:45 am.
WELCOME NEW STAFF
We welcome these new staff to ACS Elementary:
- Rachel Ajiel: Grade 4 Teacher. Rachel is an experienced and enthusiastic Christian school teacher with a B.A. in Elementary Education and Language Arts, an M.Ed in School Leadership, and Special Education Specialist certification. She and her husband moved from Drayton, Ontario to Abbotsford.
- Cassidy Barks: Grade 3 Teacher. Cassidy is passionate about Christian education, building relationships with students, and teaching in elementary. She previously taught grade 3 at Surrey Christian School and will enjoy being closer to home.
- Kayla Janzen: Grade 3 Teacher. Kayla is a graduate of the TWU School of Education, class of 2022. She completed her practicum at MEI and has a natural way of connecting with students and a heart for working with children in a Christian school community. We look forward to having her a part of the grade 3 team.
- Amanda Helm: Grade 2 Teacher. Amanda will be joining our grade 2 team in a part-time job share position with Gayle Ritsema. Amanda has three children who attend ACS and is currently teaching with Regent Christian Online Academy. Previously she taught at BC Christian Academy as well as at MEI.
- Michelle Burnett: Grade 2 Teacher. With grateful hearts, we welcome Michelle Burnett to the grade 2 team. This past year Michelle completed her teaching degree at UBC and comes with many years of experience working with school aged children. She is a familiar face on campus, and especially in grade 2. Prior to completing her teaching degree she worked for our Learning Support Services as an educational assistant.
- We also welcome these new staff members:
- Anita deBruin: Educational Assistant.
- Karlina Postma: Educational Assistant.
- Olivia Alexander: Educational Assistant.
- Madison Apperloo: Afternoon and Lead ECE for Seamless Day Childcare.
- Hailey Onderwater: Morning ECE for Seamless Day Childcare.
- Pamela Kehler: Preschool Teacher/ECE.
Grand Opening: Please join us in celebrating our new middle/secondary building on Thursday, September 8 featuring the Juno awarding winning band, “The Color.” Dinner is provided, fun on the field, building tours, and celebrating! Bring the family and enjoy the evening as we celebrate God’s faithfulness. The event begins at 4:30 pm.
Meet, Greet, and Enjoy A Treat: Elementary students and parents – welcome to a new year! On Thursday, September 15, 6:00 – 7:30 pm join us at the elementary campus to connect with your classroom teachers, elementary staff, and fellow ACS families. Stop by the classroom first to meet and greet your teachers, then head outside to the playground to enjoy a treat and play on the playground. Weather permitting.
Individual Photo Day: Tuesday, September 20 for all students except KA and any student who missed school on Tuesday. Those photos will be taken on Wednesday, September 21.
Elementary School Principal