It has been awhile since our last TSI Monthly Memo and a lot has happened with the TSI building project since our last update. For those of you on social media, we provide a weekly TSI Tuesday celebration to stay up to date.
As most know by now, the construction of the building project has not backed off during the pandemic. As a matter of fact, the pace of the project has benefitted from it! Without having students in the building during the spring and summer, the construction crews were able to have much freer reign of the site.
With school starting up again this fall, the safety and security of our students are of utmost importance—not just due to COVID-19, but also because of the active construction zone.
Therefore, we are happy to report that the project continues to be on time and on budget. The progress made over the summer months has been significant and as people drive by the school, they can’t help but notice the new structures being built. How exciting!
The three main sections of the “new build” project is each at different stages:
- In the middle school section (or northeast wing), we are now working on the interior of the building and expect to be closing in on completion over the course of the next few months. It’s even possible that we could even secure occupancy yet this school year.
- In the secondary section (southwest wing), we are making strides time wise. This is one of the areas that is visible from the road and has been fun to watch its steady progression.
- In the front learning commons, the main beams (Glulam) that holds up the entire roof structure were recently installed. Things are progressing well for this section.
- Completing sections of the middle school addition including painting, flooring, millwork, and furnishings.
- Installing drywall and insulation in the secondary addition.
- Installing roofing, Q-decking, and steel stud frames in the new learning commons.
Thanks again for your prayers and support, especially during this unsettling time. We continue to celebrate this project as a community project, and have appreciated the many levels of support we continue to receive for This Square Inch.
If you have any questions or concerns, please be in touch.
Julius Siebenga, Executive Director
Steve Atsma, TSI Project Coordinator
Thanks to our trade partners who have already contributed to this project: